Friday, June 13, 2008

Where Do I Disappear To On Thursdays?

The truth is, I'm usually scrapbooking on Thursday. But, every three weeks I take my Aunt Vera to her treatments at the Royal Victoria Hospital. She has a disease called Myesthenia Gravis which requires her to have a treatment called Plasma Pheresis every three weeks. For now. The frequency can change depending on her medications. It's not pleasant to have the treatments, but we make the best of our time. We laugh easily. Although I don't know who wouldn't laugh singing the shark song!! :0) Here are some pics for you to understand a little of what it looks like....




Having her blood pressure taken...one of the first steps...

I didn't get pics of her being hooked up, I was singing the shark song...Aunty Vera is looking VERY sick on purpose...just so everyone knows she NEEDS me to come ;0) The machine to her left is is where her blood passes through, having plasma removed and albumin put in to replace it.

This is Michele, one of the nurses in the unit. She is an awesome nurse, caring, attentive, knowledgeable, and just plain fun too!

So, now you know where I am if you can't find me on a Thursday!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Yeah! I love auntie Vera!