Thursday, June 5, 2008

Our Winnie-Friend



This is my friend Winnie.

Winnie has been on my mind a lot lately. She is moving away, and I feel like I was just getting to know her. From the moment I met Winnie, I wanted her for a friend. When she was introduced to me she was introduced as "a mother to all boys, just like you, who always prayed and longed for a daughter to round out the boys". (or something like that ;0)) My first instincts were right. Winnie is many things to many people, but I know what we all value most about her is that she is a prayer warrior. God has first priority in her life, and she is so willing to share her God-given wisdom with us, and pray for us!!



Rather than dwell on my sadness, I'll share some moments from our first field trip together, to the Botanical Gardens to see the butterflies. We all had such a great time, I'm thankful for the wonderful memories we made that day!

Arriving at the Gardens...with HER boys!


One of our favourite orchids!

Winnie said this one looked like trouble...sticking it's tongue out at her!

One of the butterflies...so pretty!

Winnie...with an 85 year old Bonsai! She has that thing beat!!

3 comments:

Missy said...

I liked it! It was a beatiful post and very Trisha.

Missy said...

I don't know where my u went

Trisha said...

I didn't know you have sheep... (giggle, giggle)