Monday, June 8, 2009

It's Raining Cats and Dogs Squirrels


This afternoon we were peaceably enjoying our backyard. Ethan and his friend Tristan were playing a game of Koob. Norah and Kaeden were playing in the sandbox. I was quietly rocking Lily. A peaceful serene afternoon, all that was missing was the sound of cicadas in the trees. Suddenly we heard a ruckus in the tree. Obviously someone was NOT enjoying a peaceful afternoon in our back yard. The ruckus was followed by a crashing sound and a blur moving downward through the tree. Before I could even yell "WATCH OUT!" a little bundle of fur had landed on the ground next to Tristan and scampered back up into the tree, where he stood chattering at someone/thing. Poor little guy. I assumed he had a grouchy cantankerous wife who gave him the boot. It brought this verse to mind:

It is better to live in a corner of a roof on the ground,
Than in a house tree shared with a contentious woman.

Proverbs 21:9

3 comments:

Wanda said...

Very Cute, Trisha! You're so insightful!

Angela said...

I love that picture! And I agree with the verse! I can barely live with myself sometimes, I don't know how Mike puts up with me! However, I have never pushed him out of a tree!

vera said...

How the heck did you get the picture!!! Good job. I love it.

Vera